one time when i was 6 my mom caught me trying to eat pure sugar out of the container so she stopped and said “Would you like to have something even sweeter?” and of course little naive 6 year old me said yes yes i would so she said “smell it first and then decide” and handed me a bottle of straight vanilla extract and of course it smelled like the tears of jesus so i said YES give me and she let me take a huge swig and this is why i have trust issues
To me, songs are kind of like bookmarks. Have you ever listened to a song that you haven’t heard in a while, and all of a sudden, all the memories of that time period come back, and you remember what your life used to be like. They’re like milestones in your life.
- Lawyer: Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but she was drunk and passed out.
- Lawyer: That's not what I asked. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but she was wearin-
- Lawyer: I didn't ask what she was wearing. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but-
- Lawyer: I didn't ask anything else. It's just a simple yes or no answer. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes.
- Laywer: Yes, he raped her.
- Rape is rape is rape, no matter the context.